Twenty more mass graves have been identified in Shakahola as probe into the heinous crime against humanity continues.
Interior Cabinet Secretary Kithure Kindiki said the exhumation excise is far from over, even as 21 more bodies were exhumed on Tuesday, May 9.
Shakahola death toll
“I am afraid we have many graves. The damage is quite significant. 20 mass graves are currently being opened and the process is far from over. This was a highly organized crime,” said Kindiki, as quoted by TV47.
Kindiki noted 65 people have been rescued from the Chaka ranch farm, including two who evacuated by the multi-agency security team.
This came as more families sought their loved ones following Mackenzi’s church controversy.
The Good News International Church leader convinced his followers to fast until death as way of preparing to meet Jesus.
The number of death tolls increased to 133 as the government assured the public it will provide all information to avoid violation of human.
President William Ruto formed a a commission of inequiry into the Shakahola massacre, led by Lady Justice Jessy Lessit.
Reports claimed that some of the exhumed bodies are missing organs.
Azimio One Kenya Alliance Coalition Party leader Raila Odinga was last week denied access into Shakahola forest, where it is believed the preacher’s followers are hiding, apart from the present mass graves.
Pastor Ezekiel's accounts frozen
Odinga also threatened to sue the government for forming a commission to look into the Shakahola massacre.
This followed Pastor Ezekiel Odero of New Life Church arrest, after authorities linked him to Mackenzie cult.
Odero was later set free on a KSh 1.5 million cash bail, with the court freezing his over 20 accounts for allegedly being linked to money laundering.The preachers legal team claimed that he lost KSh 20 million following his arrest and closure of the church.