President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday held a virtual meeting with board members of the COVID-19 Emergency Response Fund, to deliberate on measures that will help curb the virus.
In a bid to fight the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic, the president directed the National Treasury on Monday to set up the Covid-19 Emergency Response Fund.
The primary objective of the fund is to mobilize resources to be used to contain the spread, effects, and impacts of the pandemic.
Here is a list of the board members.
1. 1.Kenya Breweries Managing Director Jane W. Karuku to serve as the Chairperson
2. 2.Royal Media Services MD Wachira Waruru
3. 3. Interim Safaricom CEO Michael Joseph
4. 4. Equity Group Managing Director Dr.James Mwangi
5. 5. Devki Group Chairman Dr.Narendra Raval
6. 6. Kenya Commercial Bank Group CEO Joshua Oigara
7. 7. Absa Bank Managing Director Jeremy Awori
8. 8. Kenya Tourism Fund Chairman Mohammed Hersi
9. 9. Kenya Association of Manufacturers CEO Phyllis Wakiaga
10. PAS in the Office of the President Kennedy W. Kihara to serve as the secretary
The president added that, “The Government of Kenya calls upon all Kenyans, corporate entities both domestic and multinational, as well as international development partners to support the national initiative. By doing so, Kenya will be better able to successfully contain the spread, effects, and impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on our citizens.”